Sat, Nov 07|
Nassau County Fire Services Academy
NAEMT 16-hour TECC Provider Course - Saturday & Sunday November 7-8, 2020
This is the Registration/Online payment portal for the course.
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2020, 8:00 AM – Nov 08, 2020, 5:00 PM
Nassau County Fire Services Academy, 300 Winding Rd # 1, Old Bethpage, NY 11804, USA
The Medicine in Bad Places Live Fire Tactical Emergency Casaulty Care Course cost is only $299.99
The 2nd edition of NAEMT's Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC) course teaches EMS practitioners and other prehospital providers how to respond to and care for patients in a civilian tactical environment.
The course presents the three phases of tactical care and integrates parallel EMS nomenclature:
- Hot Zone/Direct Threat Care that is rendered while under attack or in adverse conditions.
- Warm Zone/Indirect Threat Care that is rendered while the threat has been suppressed but may resurface at any point.
- Cold Zone/Evacuation Care that is rendered while the casualty is being evacuated from the incident site.
The 16-hour classroom course includes all new patient simulations and covers the following topics:
- Hemorrhage control including immediate action drills for tourniquet application throughout the course;
- Complete coverage of the MARCH assessment;
- Surgical airway control and needle decompression;
- Strategies for treating wounded responders in threatening environments;
- Caring for pediatric patients;
- Techniques for dragging and carrying victims to safety; and
- A final, mass-casualty/active shooter event simulation.
NAEMT's TECC course is endorsed by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma, is consistent with the current guidelines established by the Committee on TECC (Co-TECC), and meets all of the updated National Tactical Emergency Medical Support Competency Domains. This course is accredited by CAPCE for 16 hours of continuing education credit, and recognized by NREMT.
NAEMT is a recognized education partner of the Co-TECC. The Co-TECC establishes guidelines for the provision of prehospital care to injured patients during a tactical incident. The Co-TECC neither creates curriculum for the prehospital provider, nor does it endorse the curriculum of other organizations.
This TCCC class offers 16 Continuing Medical Education credits for any certified EMT or Paramedic, however this class does not require certifications and is available to all First Responders. At the completion of this course, each student will receive a TCCC certification from NAEMT. Ultimately, your systems CME coordinator has the right to accept or refuse credit based off of the topic areas covered.
If you have any questions or if you need to pay by check offline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund policy: Medicine in Bad Places will accept replacement students up until one day before the class. If a student is unable to attend the class for any reason, there are no cash refunds and the student will receive store/training credit to use for up to one year for Medicine in Bad Places Conferences/Training/Equipment.
- Ticket type
Registration (Without IFAK)
Registration fee includes certification and lunchPrice$299.99Sold Out
This event is sold out